Sunday, May 20, 2007

Volunteering again

Close readers of the LibriVox forum will know that I have volunteered to do a solo recording of Shakespeare's Sonnets. I have always loved these poems, and know several of them by heart. This is a cause of great grief to my friends and family, who object to someone rattling off fourteen line stanzas without due cause.
Volunteering for something does focus the mind, however, and I find myself mouthing lines at the strangest times. 'From FAIREST creatures... no ... From fairest CREATURES... no... FROM fairEST creaTURES...' etc etc.
Wish me luck. I have found a cupboard I can sit in, and will no doubt while away many a balmy evening inside it. 'Shall I compare thee to a Summer's day?/Sorry - I can't remember what they're like...'

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have fun!

Anonymous said...

Well, that sounds great. I shall alert my daughter, the Ultimate Shakespeare Nut; perhaps she'll be interested in prooflistening a few . . .

Cheers,

Stewart